Asking for referrals is one of the most effective things you can do to grow your business. A customer is more likely to buy your products and services if they were referred by a friend. It creates an instant sense of trust and helps them feel good about buying what you’re selling
Here are five ways to help your business get more referrals.
- Give Referrals and help others grow their business.
Giving value first is probably the best way to start. People love to help those who have helped them. If you can help another business attract clients, they will be more than willing to tell people about what you do.
- Network with other professional.
If you’re not out there marketing yourself, how will people know to refer you? Choose a few groups and start networking with other successful entrepreneurs and business owners. Growing your list of connections can help you open the door to valuable contacts in the future.
- Share your knowledge.
- Consider giving a speech for a local chamber or trade organization
- Submit articles to your local paper
- Reach out to blogger’s and ask if you can write a guest article.
- Find business websites that you can partner with to help establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- Go above and beyond what your customer expects.
While this sounds like common sense, many owners overlook the day to day operations of their business which can give customers a bad impression. If you go above and beyond what your clients expect, they’ll not only keep coming back, but they’ll also tell others about your service.
Many business owners never ask the customer for help. If you do a good job for your customer, don’t pass up the opportunity to use them to build your business. When you finish with a job:
- Suggest that your client passes along your name to others.
- Keep in contact with your customer and remember to add value to the relationship.