Today, the Smith Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Las Vegas announced they will require proof of being vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the venue.
On their website, they say that guests must show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination and must wear masks at all times in the venue. Kids under the age of 12 would be forced to submit to a COVID test and provide a negative test result before being able to watch a concert or theater event at the Smith Center.
The Smith Center resides on taxpayer land and was built with taxpayer dollars. According to the Smith Center, “The city of Las Vegas provides land, infrastructure, environmental clean-up, and parking. The city of Las Vegas, Clark County and State Legislature collaborated on a car rental fee that resulted in a bond of $105 million. The City commitment totals $170 million.”
Back in October of 2020, The Las Vegas City Council approved $1.8 million in emergency funds for the Smith Center, in what they say was “pandemic relief.”
The news comes as a number of concert venues and major events in Las Vegas have announced that they will now ban unvaccinated people from being able to go about normal life. Yesterday, AEG Presents, the company that operates The Theatre at Resorts World and the Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, announced that it will ban unvaccinated people from entry into its owned and operated clubs, theatres, and festivals.
RULES FOR THEE UPDATE: An employee at the Smith Center has informed us that even though they are requiring all attendees to be vaccinated, not all of the employees are. In fact, the Smith Center could not keep enough of their current employees on the job with an employee mandate, so they are requiring employees who are not vaccinated to take weekly tests. The are also not requiring performers or any of the what the employee describes as “famous people” to be vaccinated or even provide a negative COVID test before they perform at the Smith Center.
COVID Tyranny Updates:
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals to require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19
- Music Venue at Resorts World & Virgin Casino to Require Proof of Vaccination
- Rio World Series of Poker to Remove Players from Tournament Without Refund for COVID Close Contacts!
- Life is Beautiful to require proof of vaccination, or a negative covid-19 test
- Nevada Government Pushing Weekly COVID Tests for Students and Quarantine for ‘Close Contacts’
- CCSD Psychological War on Kids: QR Codes to Sit & Eat, Canceled Lunches, Kicked out for Sneezing?
- 19 more UNLV Professors Publicly call for Mandatory Vaccinations
- Governor Sisolak Pushing Mandatory Vaccinations for Events, Concerts and Conventions
- Steve Sisolak to Require Mandatory Vaccination for all College Students
- Are Face Masks Fueling COVID cases? How Vegas Mask Mandate could actually help Spread the Disease.
- National COVID deaths at an all-time low! None of this is about stopping a Virus!
- Sisolak orders Mask Mandate for all K-12 Schools Despite No Recorded COVID Deaths under 18 in Nevada
- Clark County Commissioners Out Partying without Masks after Enacting Mask Mandate