There is an old saying in the sign business, “A Business with no Sign, Is a sign, of no business” Having the right sign can play a major role in the success of your business.
Signs can help your business by:
- Letting people know who you are.
To a passing prospect your sign maybe one of the only indicators that your business is there. Without quality signage, potential customers have no way of noticing your business.
- Enticing people to buy your products.
Outdoor signs can increase your sales by enticing impulsive shoppers. An effective sign can have a way of influencing the purchasing decisions of your potential customers.
- Working for you 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
When your best salesperson has been sleeping for hours, your sign is still there promoting your business. According to the Small Business Administration, Signs are the most effective, yet least expensive, form of advertising available to a small business.
Things to keep in mind when deciding what kind of signage to use in your business.
- What is the purpose of your sign? Begin by asking, what do I want this sign to do? Remember that signs not only convey an image, they also tell your customers important information about your business. Having the right type of signs can play a huge role in the purchasing behaviors of your customers.
- Where will your sign be placed?
Put yourself in your customer’s shoes, is your sign easy to see? Can you quickly understand the point of the sign? Your sign needs to get your point across in a short amount of time, remember to keep it simple.
- What kind of sign will attract the most attention?
They type of signage you use depends on a number of factors (type of business, location, budget, etc….) When it comes to signage, you have a number of options. It is best to consult a signage expert who is trained in outdoor marketing. They will be able to help you determine what type of signage will be most effective for your type of business and your location.
- Does your sign help create impulses to buy?
When designing your signs, ask yourself if your sign entices people to want to buy your products or services. Does your sign give your customer a reason to walk through your door?
- What Should You Avoid?
- Don’t use too many words. Try to use as few words as possible so that your customer easily understands what you are selling.
- Don’t go overboard with graphics. Your graphics should draw attention to your business without taking away from your overall message. Your sign needs to be designed to attract attention very quickly, but it should also be free of distracting colors and over the top graphics. If your sign looks good but doesn’t tell your customers who you are, then what is the point of having a sign? A Graphic Designer can help you design a sign that is not only attractive but also one that will attract customers to your business.
- If you don’t know what your doing, ask for help.
Believe it or not, there is a science to the art of sign making. Things like Color, Size, and placement can all affect the amount of attention you receive from your sign.
- Don’t try to sell your customers with your sign. Your sign is meant to get customers through your door, save the sales pitch for when they are in your place of business.
- Check out what the SBA has to say about Signage
Need Expert help with your signage?
Contact Richardson Marketing