The Coronavirus Panic is leveling a huge hit to the Las Vegas Economy. Over the last couple of weeks numerous conventions, trade shows, and business meetings have announced the cancelation of their events in Las Vegas.
List of Closures and Event and Convention Cancellations
- The National Association of Broadcasters announced Wednesday that they are canceling its upcoming NAB SHOW Convention that was set to take place April 18-22.
- IWCE (International Wireless Communications Expo) 2020 has been postponed, according to a statement posted to their Twitter account on March 9, saying the “intention is to announce a new date shortly.” The expo was scheduled to run from March 30-April 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Oracle SuiteWorld20 is postponed until August 10 – 13, 2020, according to a statement on the website. The event was scheduled to run from April 20 – 23 at The Sands Expo Convention Center.
- Channel Partners Conference & Expo canceled its event saying they have, “the intention to announce a new date shortly.” The Expo was scheduled to run from March 9- 12 at The Venetian and The Sands Expo Convention Center.
- 2020 Veterans Stand Down is postponed; no word on when or if it will happen.
- ISC West at the Sands Expo and Convention Center have been pushed back to July. The trade show was scheduled for March 17-20.
- The Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Festival announced on Wednesday that they have stopped selling tickets out of fear the show may be cancelled. Earlier in the week the show announced that they would not cancel, saying the media was pushing hysteria on the public.
- NXT Global Summit is canceled. The conference was expected to be held July 14-15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Adobe Summit at The Venetian canceled its annual summit, which was set to run from March 29 through April 2.
- Nightclub & Bar Show postponed the 2020 event running 3/30-4/1 and escheduled it to 6/22-24, 2020 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- CinemaCon announced Wednesday that they will not be coming to Las Vegas this year.
- Google Cancels Internal Conference Over Virus Concerns: The event was set to take place in March.
- Seven Strip buffets have also announced the closure of restaurants.