Sheriff Joe Lombardo, a man who has let the city of Las Vegas slip into third-world ghetto status, refused to show up to the Nevada Republican gubernatorial debate at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno tonight, in his latest act of cowardice.
Las Vegas City Councilwoman Michele Fiore, attorney Joey Gilbert, former U.S. Sen. Dean Heller, North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee, venture capitalist Guy Nohra, Air force veteran Tom Heck, Dr. Fred Simon and real estate broker Barak Zilberberg all debated tonight.
Here is the debate:
This comes as both Sheriff Joe Lombardo and current governor Steve Sisolak’s leadership comes into question after record violence sweeps through the city of Las Vegas.
In the last week alone, we have seen:
- A man shot and killed in the parking lot of Palace Station
- A woman shot in the chest and killed at Fashion Show Mall
- Two people shot inside an arcade at Meadows Mall
- A shooting/robbery at the Sahara Casino.
- A man stabbed multiple times on Las Vegas Blvd., just south of Charleston Boulevard.
- Three shootings and murders within hours of the new new year.
This follows a violent month of December where we had a murder inside the Rio, a shooting inside Bally’s, a housekeeper killed at Bally’s, a man stabbed by a homeless man inside the Paris Casino, a man shot 11 times by a homeless addict in Chinatown, and countless assaults inside Casinos and throughout Las Vegas.