15 Ideas to promote your business
15 Ideas for Promoting Your Business
Looking for a way to attract more customers?
The following unconventional list of promotion ideas can help you to increase sales in a way that conventional advertising cannot.
- Contests. Contests are a great way to get people involved in what you are selling and can also gain you a lot of free publicity. Invite local celebrities or news anchors to judge which is sure fire way to get some free press.
- Newsletters. Another good way to promote yourself is through newsletters. Newsletters are a great way to keep yourself in front of your prospects as well as your current customer’s. They help reinforce your image as an expert in your field and provide a valuable resource to your prospects.
- Demos. Demonstrations can help you attract people to your business. Demos are a great way to show customers how to use your product. It also gets them thinking about how they would use the product when the own it. It is a lot easier to make a sale when your customer feels confident in being able to use your products. Computer demos, installing software, painting instruction, the possibilities are endless. Think about how your customers use your product and then start a class to show them how to get more out of it.
- Seminars. Seminars are similar to demonstrations, but are often used when selling to businesses.
- Incentives. Incentives are when you add value to what your customer is purchasing. It can be anything from a discount on there next order to a buy one get one free special.
Discount cards work the best because it gives the customer a reason to keep coming back.
- Advertising specialties. These can be anything that reminds your customers of what you do. Key chains, coffee mugs, mouse pads, playing cards, calendars, magnets, shirts, paperweights are all examples of ad specialties.
- Speeches. Most organizations are looking for someone to come and speak to their members. Depending on your topic , you should contact your local Chamber of Commerce, trade associations, parenting groups, charitable groups, or other local organizations.
- Articles. Write an article for your local paper, blog, or anyone who will let you submit your story. This helps to establish you as an expert in your field.
- Coupons. Everyone loves a deal. Coupons are a great way of attracting customers to your business.
- Samples. Giving your customers and prospects a sample is a great way to attract attention and possibly make a sale. Sometimes giving away a sample of your products works far better than any other form of advertising. A restaurant in town recently offered free burritos on their opening day. The line was over 45 minutes long. There is no way they would have been able to get that many potential customers in to their restaurant had they not offered free burritos.
- Free Trials. Having a free trial takes the fear out of making a purchase, it also make it hard for the prospect to give it back.
- Free Services. Offer free shipping, free delivery, or free setup. Customers love feeling like they are getting something extra.
- Say Thank you. Saying Thank you lets your customers know you value their business and makes them want to come back. Thank you letters, mailers, surveys, invoice stuffers, and phone calls are all great ways to make your customer feel like you really care.
- Blogs – Blogs are a great way to share your products and services with the public. They allow you to offer helpful tips and establish you as an expert in your industry.
- FREE PR – Offer yourself to the media as an expert in your field. Go on talk shows, send out press releases and stay in front of your clients by getting invloved.